Prayers for Parliament and the Nation: Friday, 18 August 2017

" I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. "

- 1 Timothy 2:1-4

Please click here to access our weekly email containing prayers for the following issues:

  • An international study recently reported that 65% of dementia risk is beyond a person’s control, but the remaining 35% is down to nine lifestyle factors which are modifiable by the individual.
  • Over the last week, 18 people have been killed in a gun attack in Burkina Faso; a woman has died following violenmt clashes between far-right supporters and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, US; a girl has died after a car crashed into a pizzeria in France; and 13 people are feared dead after a van ploughed into a crowd of people in Barcelona.
  • Police have accused the company Uber of failing to report sexual attacks and other serious crimes committed by its drivers. Transport for London is currently reviewing Uber's London licence.
  • Mudslides and flooding in Sierra Leone's capital have killed more than 300 people and left around 2,000 homeless.
  • The Government has published a paper setting out its proposals for a temporary deal with the EU following Brexit under which the current customs arrangements would continue and the UK would be free to make independent trade deals with non-EU countries.

Why not subscribe to our weekly email and join with us in holding our nation and its leaders before God in prayer? If you would like to receive our quarterly Prayer Guide for Parliament and the Nation, please call 01277 365 398 (option 4).

Please consider making a donation to support our work in providing the weekly email, Prayer Guide and other resources.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.